Who is eligible? Patients of a Barrie and Community Family Health Team Physician.
How to apply: Your physician has to make a referral to the FHT – Mental Health Services.
In a partnership with the Barrie and Community Family Health Team, a team of Mental Health Therapists and Psychiatrists work together to help individuals, couples, and families deal with issues such as:
- Relationship issues
Our Mental Health Therapists and Psychiatrists are qualified professionals who will work with you in a short-term, focused, and confidential manner to find solutions. The length and type of service provided will depend on the nature of the presenting issue. We may also refer you to, or work with, other community services.
- Brief individual and couple counselling.
- Child and family services consist primarily of facilitating referrals to specialized children’s services where appropriate as well as providing information to parents.
- A variety of educational groups are offered to you. These include groups to assist individuals to manage issues such as depression, anxiety, low self esteem, relationships, and emotional eating.
- Psychiatric consultation is available for children, youth and adults.
- Linkages to community resources
Hours: 9-5 Monday to Friday