Local 705-728-5044 * Toll Free 1-888-893-8333 * TTY Services Available
We are very excited to announce the reopening of our crisis beds on a temporary basis utilizing a hotel in Barrie. If you are in crisis and would like to access Crisis beds then please continue to call our 24/7 crisis line @ 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
Having thoughts of suicide? Feel like hurting yourself?
Are you or is someone you know struggling with mental illness or addiction?
Need support or information and not sure where to turn?
Let us help……..
Crisis Services offers 24hr telephone support to assist individuals, community agencies, emergency services and family or friends, to work through resolution of identified issues and challenges. Our team is comprised of mental health and addiction professionals, who are trained in suicide intervention, and can help stabilize pre and post-crisis, developing coping strategies and plans for ongoing mental health and addiction support and follow up.
In addition to our 24hr telephone lines, Crisis offers the following:
- Face to face mobile support is available from 10am to 10pm for those 16yrs of age or older
- Mobiles take place in the community and within the city of Barrie. Mobile support and assessment can be discussed and arranged by calling the Crisis Line directly
- Joint mobiles with community agencies can be arranged to provide assessment and intervention
- Crisis staff regularly provide Mobile support in conjunction with all local police services, to assist those in the community requiring more immediate intervention
CRISIS BEDS (CARAH – “Courage and Recovery and Hope”)- moved to a temporary location due to COVID-19
- 5 Short term non-medical residential Crisis Beds are available (CARAH HOUSE) for those who may want or need additional support, monitoring and assistance
- In-house we offer mental health support, assessment, referral and connections to ongoing supports, stabilization and Crisis planning, and assistance with any other goals identified by the individual
- Bed admission can be offered through Mobile Assessment
- One residential Crisis Bed is reserved for Police use only, 24/7
- Length of admission in Crisis Beds is assessed and triaged daily