You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)
Eligibility: Individuals living in Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia, Midland and Penetang who are 16 years or older experiencing a serious mental illness with complex challenges requiring long-term intensive treatment and support. Priority for people living with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder and other serious mental illness.
How to Apply: Anyone can make a referral including self-referrals. To make a referral or learn more about the program call (705) 726-5033 (Barrie/Collingwood) or call (705) 329-5846 (North Simcoe/Orillia).
Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) is a client-centred, recovery-focused mental health service for people with serious and persistent mental health illnesses. ACTT services are delivered by multidisciplinary mental health staff who work as a team to provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services to clients in achieving their goals. The team consists of a Psychiatrist, Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Peer Specialist, Addiction Specialist, Occupational Therapist, and Mental Health and Addiction Counsellors.
- Capacity to offer multiple daily contacts
- Support for Aboriginal clients relating to aboriginal affairs
- Individualized recovery focused treatment/counselling and goal planning
- Clinical psychiatric treatment
- Crisis prevention, intervention and management
- Assistance coping with daily living
- Support in employment/vocational and recreational activities
- Health promotion and teaching with focus on recovery and wellness
- Facilitate referrals to other community resources and coordination of support
- Service delivery in community locations
- Ongoing, rather than time limited, services
Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Sun (7 days a week) including holidays and evenings as needed, with 24/7 on call Crisis supports