You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Court Support Services
Court Diversion is a voluntary pre-trial procedure that may allow persons accused of minor criminal offences to be directed away from the criminal justice system. Services include consultation, support and education to accused persons and their families, service providers and to justice system personnel; referrals to other community resources and coordination of support; and a range of recovery-focused case management services.
- Individuals (16 years old or older), residents of Simcoe County, with a mental health problem or mental disorder who become involved with the criminal justice system.
- Young individuals, 12 to 17 years old, who have become involved with the criminal justice system and are attending Court in Barrie, Orillia, Midland and Collingwood.
- How to Apply: Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 to 5. Anyone can make a referral including self-referral.
To make a referral or learn more about the program call (705) 739-6577 (Barrie Court office number)
Release from Custody
Release/discharge planning for individuals in custody who are inmates at Central North Correctional Centre (CNCC) Penetanguishene, to promote successful community reintegration.
Direct, in-person support for individuals out of custody residing in North Simcoe Muskoka who may be at risk of involvement in the criminal justice system.
Eligibility for Release from Custody Services:
- Release from Custody services are voluntary
- Eligible individuals and court support who are 16 years of age or older and have a mental illness/mental disorder (e.g. psychiatric illness, intellectual disability, acquired brain injury, FASD, etc.)
- Inmates with mental illness or disorders at CNCC who need assistance preparing for release to the community
- Persons out of custody residing in North Simcoe Muskoka who may be at risk of involvement in the criminal justice system
How to Apply: Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 to 5. Anyone can make a referral including self-referral.
To make a referral or learn more about the program call (705) 733-2113