You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Client and Family Advisory Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association Simcoe County Branch (CMHA SCB) is committed to engaging with clients and family caregivers to understand their diverse needs while fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment where all individuals can easily access high-quality mental health and addiction services and supports that empower them.
We are passionate about providing person-centred mental health and addiction services and supports. We have a unique collaborative opportunity for clients and family caregivers. Our Client & Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) provides guidance for programs and services to improve and enhance the care experience for all clients and family caregivers.
The Client Family Advisor role is a voluntary experience that will provide a place to share your mental health and addiction care stories, opinions, perspectives, and lived experiences to help guide, shape and co-design our policies, programs and quality improvement initiatives that influence our client and family care across Simcoe County.
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Share your client or family caregiver experience and ideas to help inform new mental health and addiction support policies, programs and services.
- Inform the development of CMHA SCB quality improvement initiatives that directly impact the client and family caregiver care experience.
- Serve as a voice for clients and family caregivers to ensure CMHA SCB provides the highest quality of care possible.
- Engage in consultation to make recommendations and suggestions for community education and awareness events.
- Meet others who are excited about improving the mental health and addiction service experience at CMHA SCB.
- Able to see beyond your own personal experience and are committed to enhancing care service experiences for all clients and family caregivers.
- Open-minded and solution-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Able to speak in a group or in front of others.
- Empathic, non-judgmental and respectful of diverse opinions and experiences.
- Have the willingness to participate at committee meetings actively and be open to learning
- Clients who are currently receiving or have received care services within the past three years from CMHA Simcoe County Branch.
- Family caregivers who are currently receiving or have received support while supporting their loved one within the past three years from CMHA Simcoe County Branch.
- Aim to have client and family caregiver representation from all programs within CMHA Simcoe County Branch.
- Members will serve a one-year term that will be annually reviewed and renewed.
- Membership is voluntary.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Commit to attending afternoon committee meetings 4 times per year for a total of 8 hours per year. Additional meetings will be at the discretion of the Chair.
- Must have internet access and an understanding of Zoom to attend virtual meetings.
Ready to Become a Volunteer Client Family Advisor or have questions?
Contact Tara Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions? Please contact the Client & Family Advisory Committee’s Chairperson, Tara Maxwell at email@example.com